Health Tip: Want Healthier Hair?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
These washing and conditioning tips may help
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If it's healthier hair you seek, the American Academy of Dermatology offers these suggestions:
- If your hair is oily or has dandruff flakes, wash it daily.
- Treated hair should be washed less frequently. So should the hair of an elderly person, whose scalp produces less oil.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your type of hair.
- Shampoo primarily the scalp instead of the length of the hair. The latter can make hair dull and coarse.
- Condition hair after each shampoo, concentrating conditioner at the ends of the hair.
- If you swim frequently, protect hair with a snug-fitting swim cap, and use shampoo for swimmers.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.