Health Tip: Keep Youngsters Outside the Pool
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
To help prevent drowning
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are so curious that they're naturally drawn to an unattended pool. That's a recipe for tragedy.
The Poolsafety.gov website says pool owners should take these precautions to keep curious youngsters safe:
- Install around any pool or spa a fence at least 4 feet high with self-latching gates.
- Install a lockable safety cover over the pool.
- Install door alarms and window guards on the back of the home if it serves as a wall to enclose the pool.
- Equip the pool with gate and pool alarms that will let you know if a child goes near the pool.
- Make sure pool drains are compliant, and that pool covers don't need repair.
- Use an underwater alarm or surface wave for additional protection.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.