Health Tip: Embrace Your Body
Don't expect perfection
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- With all of the pressure that society and the media put on people to improve their bodies, experts say you should embrace what you have and not expect perfection.
The University of Illinois McKinley Health Center offers these suggestions:
- Don't be defined by your body, or let your physical self keep you from doing the things you want.
- Being thin does not guarantee happiness.
- Appreciate the different shapes and sizes of all bodies.
- Accept that your body will change over time.
- The way other people see you could well differ from the way you see yourself.
- Focus on your strengths and what you offer to others.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.