Health Tip: Take Care of Your Feet
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Essentials for a foot-friendly summer
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Summer is here, and walking along the beach, around the pool or in your backyard barefoot can lead to foot injuries.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests having these essentials on hand:
- A pair of flip flops for a hotel or pool so you don't have to walk barefoot.
- Antibiotic ointment and sterile gauze or bandages.
- A cream enriched with emollients for dry feet.
- Moleskin or blister pads to protect feet from blisters.
- Advil, Motrin or another anti-inflammatory drug to help ease pain and swelling.
- Toenail clippers, a pumice stone and an emery board.
- Aloe vera and sunscreen for sunburn protection.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.