Health Tip: Use Lawn Mowers Safely
Make sure you read instructions
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Lawn mowers can be dangerous machines if used incorrectly. Following a few safety guidelines can help reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these lawn mower safety tips:
- Before using your mower, read the instruction manual carefully.
- Never remove any safety equipment, such as shields or switch guards.
- Never add fuel to the mower when it is hot or running.
- Always turn off the engine before stepping away.
- Avoid touching the engine, which can become very hot and cause burns.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.