Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Illness
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Try to eliminate one unhealthy practice
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Learning how to manage your chronic illness can help make coping easier.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this advice:
- Examine your lifestyle and choose one unhealthy practice to address.
- Create a specific goal to address your issue, such as exercising three days per week.
- Create a plan to deal with factors that may interfere with your goal.
- Make sure your goal is realistic.
- Schedule regular follow-up appointments with your doctor to track your progress.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.