Health Tip: Cook Healthier
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Trim fat from your diet
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Using healthier cooking methods is an easy way to cut calories and fat from your diet.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute mentions these healthier cooking tips:
- Bake foods in the oven, or roast in the oven at a higher temperature than baking.
- Broil under direct heat in the oven, or grill outdoors.
- Braise foods by browning on the stove, then finish cooking in a small amount of liquid inside the oven.
- Microwave (avoid plastic), or steam food by placing a steam basket over a pot of simmering water.
- Poach by cooking in a simmering liquid (such as vinegar or broth) until cooked through and tender.
- Sautee by cooking in a pan with a small amount of healthy oil, or stir-fry.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.