Health Tip: Caring for Acne-Prone Skin
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggestions to help keep it clear
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Skin that's prone to acne needs special care to help keep it smooth and clear.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Wash your face with a cleanser designed for people with acne.
- Look for cleansers that include salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Wash your face gently, avoiding pressure that may aggravate acne.
- Never pick at acne or scrub skin vigorously.
- Use a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Choose an oil-free foundation if you wear makeup.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.