Health Tip: Batteries May Be Dangerous for Kids
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Keep devices with batteries away from children
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Batteries may look tempting to young children, and are hazardous if swallowed.
The Safe Kids Worldwide website offers these suggestions to help protect kids from batteries:
- Make sure all devices containing lithium batteries (including remotes, hearing aids, calculators, thermometers and musical greeting cards) are out of a child's sight and reach.
- Place a piece of tape over the battery compartment to make it more difficult for children to get to the batteries.
- Store any extra batteries out of children's reach.
- Make sure babysitters and family members are aware of the dangers of batteries.
- Immediately take your child to a hospital if you suspect that a battery has been swallowed.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.