Health Tip: Why Am I Overweight?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Factors that contribute to weight gain
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Eating too much is an obvious factor for being overweight, but it's not the only one.
The Weight-control Information Network explains these additional factors for being overweight:
- Consuming more calories than you burn.
- Having an environment rich in unhealthy food choices, conveniences that contribute to a sedentary lifestyle and lack of access to safe exercise.
- Having certain genetic patterns and family eating habits.
- Taking certain medications, such as steroids.
- Being an emotional eater and turning to food when you feel stressed, sad, angry or bored.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.