Health Tip: Getting Rid of Dust Mites
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Keep your home clean
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Dust mites can worsen allergies and asthma symptoms. But keeping your home clean can help keep dust mites at bay.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers these suggestions to help banish dust mites:
- Wash all linens and bedding weekly in very hot water, and dry completely.
- Protect mattresses and pillows with dust-proof covers.
- Make sure all carpets and furniture are cleaned weekly with a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Give children washable stuffed toys, and wash these items regularly in hot water.
- Dust your home frequently with a damp cloth.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.