Health Tip: Limit Food Portions
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
And help make it easier to lose weight
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Limiting how much you eat during each meal can make it easier to lose any extra pounds.
The Weight-Loss Information Network offers this advice to help you control portion sizes:
- Measure one serving (according to the product label) and serve it on a plate or bowl rather than eating straight out of the package.
- To better enjoy your food, don't eat while watching TV or multi-tasking.
- Eat from smaller dishes and use smaller glasses. Take your time.
- Focus especially on portion sizes for dishes higher in calories and fat.
- Store and freeze extra food immediately, so you're not tempted to overeat.
- Don't skip meals. Hunger may prompt you to overeat.
- Choose healthy, low-calorie snacks and divide into individual servings.
- When indulging in a treat, measure a single-serving size.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.