Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Including headache and fatigue
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Having a headache.
- Feeling tired.
- Feeling shortness of breath.
- Having nausea.
- Feeling dizzy.
- Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.
If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.