Health Tip: Preparing to Become Pregnant
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Visit your doctor first
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you're planning to become pregnant, use this time to prepare for the challenges ahead.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these recommendations:
- Set goals and create a plan of action, and visit with your doctor about preconception healthcare.
- Take a daily folic acid supplement.
- Give up all recreational drugs, smoking and alcohol.
- Avoid exposure to toxic or harmful substances.
- Lose any extra weight.
- Learn more about your family's medical history.
- If you are in a violent relationship, seek help.
- Seek treatment for any mental health issues.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.