Health Tip: Staying Healthy Is a Family Affair
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Don't let the kids go it alone
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Staying healthy is a family affair, and by working together you can meet your exercise and diet goals.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to help families stick to their healthy goals:
- Prepare nutritious snacks and well-balanced meals, and make sure everyone starts the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Make sure that at each meal, your plate is half filled with fruits and veggies. Also make sure that at least half of your grains are whole.
- Eat dinner together every night, if possible.
- Avoid talking about weight in a negative way in front of your children.
- Be active together as a family. Examples may include taking a walk together after dinner, or going to the gym.
- Keep a positive attitude, and set a good example for your children about following a healthy lifestyle.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.