Health Tip: Make Sure Baby's Crib Sheets Fit
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Baby shouldn't be able to pull them off the mattress
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Your baby's safety begins in the crib, and among a parent's easiest chores is to make sure the crib sheets fit properly.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission offers this advice:
- Crib sheets should always fit snugly on the mattress.
- Crib sheets should overlap on the mattress corners, so the sheets cannot be pulled off by baby.
- Do not use an or adult-size sheet on a crib mattress. Doing so poses an entanglement hazard.
- Place baby on his or her back. Make sure the crib meets government safety standards, and that the mattress fits snugly in the crib.
- Do not place any sheepskins, blankets, comforters or pillows in baby's crib.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.