Health Tip: Is Baby Eating Enough?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here are potential signs of malnutrition
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- New moms often worry if baby is getting enough to eat. Experts say baby may offer signs of malnutrition if you pay attention.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says these potential signs include:
- When a nursing baby stops breast-feeding after 10 minutes or less.
- When baby has fewer than four wet diapers a day.
- When during the first month of life, baby has infrequent or very hard stools.
- When soon after a feeding, baby appears hungry or looks for something to suck on.
- When during the first week of life, baby's skin tone appears yellow.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.