Health Tip: Don't Think of Exercise as a Chore
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Engage in activities that you enjoy
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you think of exercise as a chore that you have to do, it can be more difficult to stick with it.
The Weight-Control Information Network offers these suggestions for making exercise fun:
- Figure out which fitness activities you enjoy most, and incorporate them into your exercise routine. Try to vary the routine so you don't become bored.
- Walk with a friend or family member, or sign up together for an exercise class.
- Build a community or backyard garden, and work in it regularly.
- Exercise in short spurts, such as three 10-minute walks.
- If you are concerned about exercising outdoors for safety reasons, join a local gym.
Copyright © 2014 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.