Health Tip: Take Care of Your Glucose Meter
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
And make sure you know how to use it
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for your glucose meter can help you get the most accurate blood sugar results.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration mentions these suggestions:
- Before use, read the instructions for both your glucose meter and test strips.
- Make sure you use the appropriate test strips for your meter.
- Always wash hands before testing.
- Keep a log with results and the date and time you tested, even if your glucose meter does this for you.
- Follow the instructions on how to appropriately clean your glucose meter, and avoid any harsh cleaners.
- Bring your meter with you to doctor's visits.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.