Health Tip: When Baby Spits Up Excessively
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what parents can do
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Some babies spit up frequently, but there are things parents can do to help prevent the problem.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Feed smaller amounts more frequently, rather than fewer larger feedings.
- Take frequent "burp breaks" during feedings, and burp baby after a feeding.
- Avoid tummy time immediately after a feeding; keep baby upright for 30 minutes after eating.
- Discuss alternative formulas with your pediatrician if baby shows signs of formula intolerance.
- Talk to the pediatrician about mixing a small amount of cereal with baby's formula to help prevent reflux.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.