Health Tip: Considering a Birthing Class?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's how it can help
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- A birthing class can help settle any pre-birth jitters and prepare first-time couples for the pending arrival.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says a birthing class can:
- Help parents learn about how a baby develops.
- Explain warning signs of a potential problem.
- Help parents develop a birth plan.
- Describe pain management, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Suggest how partners or birth coaches can help.
- Describe how to identify when labor begins, and what to expect throughout the labor and delivery process.
- Instruct parents about caring for and bonding with a newborn.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.