Health Tip: Traveling for the Holidays With Diabetes
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Don't forget medication and supplies
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- As you prepare for a holiday trip, don't forget to pack diabetes essentials.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions:
- Pack extra supplies and medication; a good rule of thumb is to pack double what you think you'll need.
- Keep syringes and insulin in your carry-on bag.
- Pack supplies for testing your urine and blood, along with extra batteries for your glucose meter.
- Bring along all oral medications and first-aid meds, such as anti-diarrhea medication, an anti-nausea drug and antibiotic ointment.
- Wear your diabetes ID bracelet and keep your diabetes ID card on you.
- Pack a snack in case you get low blood sugar -- such as peanut butter, cheese and crackers, a juice box or some fruit. Make sure they're well-sealed.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.