Health Tip: Stay Active With Baby
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Even if newborn is too young to crawl
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Just because your newborn is too little to crawl or talk doesn't mean the two of you can't be active together.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how you can actively stimulate your young baby's body and mind:
- When baby is just a few weeks old, walk around the house with your newborn and point out objects by name.
- Encourage reaching out, touching and examining safe objects.
- Talk to your baby constantly, while changing, bathing or feeding.
- Read to baby and dance together while listening to music, or play together on the floor.
- Engage in a game of peek-a-boo or patty cake, and give plenty of hugs and physical affection.
- Secure baby in the stroller and go outside for a walk.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.