Health Tip: Getting Rid of Refrigerator Odors
Clean with a solution of vinegar and water
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Cleaning out your refrigerator regularly can help get rid of germs and odors.
The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service offers these suggestions:
- Create a solution of equal parts vinegar and water, and wipe down surfaces inside the refrigerator.
- Scrub the inside (including gaskets, drawers, shelves and sides) with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Roll up newspapers, stuff them in the fridge and leave for a few days. When removed, wash with the vinegar and water solution mentioned above.
- Place baking soda or coffee grounds in an open container.
- Soak a cotton swab in vanilla and place in the freezer for several days.
- If you can't get rid of stubborn odors, try a commercial solution, and follow the label's instructions.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.