Health Tip: Participating in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Rehab for your lungs
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Exercise is a challenge when you have difficulty breathing. Pulmonary rehabilitation -- rehab for your lungs -- can help you breathe a little easier.
The American Council on Exercise says most pulmonary rehabilitation programs involve:
- Participating in cardiovascular, flexibility and strengthening exercises.
- Exercising under the supervision of trained professionals.
- Monitoring symptoms and medication changes to make sure you exercise safely and effectively.
- Learning about breathing techniques, managing symptoms and medications.
- Getting social support from others with lung conditions.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.