Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's First Dental Visit
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what to expect
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Baby's first dental visit is very important, even if there is only one tooth.
The American Dental Association explains what should happen at your child's first visit with the dentist:
- A careful examination to look for any injuries, cavities or any other problems with your child's mouth or teeth.
- An evaluation of your child's risk for tooth decay.
- A thorough cleaning of your child's teeth, and suggestions on how to care for teeth daily.
- A discussion of your child's use of pacifiers or thumb-sucking, as well as teething.
- A plan for any needed treatments.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.