Health Tip: Battling The Post-Baby Blues
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Get enough rest
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- There are many physical and emotional changes in a new mother's life that can trigger a bout of the "post-baby blues."
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to help prevent the condition:
- Get as much sleep as possible, napping when your baby does.
- Don't put so much pressure on yourself, and accept that you can't do everything.
- Let others help out.
- Avoid being without another adult's company all of the time.
- Seek help from your spouse or partner, friends and family, or consider joining a new mom's support group.
- Find time for regular exercise.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.