Health Tip: Opt for Healthier Fast Food
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what to order
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- As teens grow more independent, they need to make healthier food choices without depending on advice from mom and dad ... even at a fast-food restaurant.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Instead of a fried chicken sandwich, opt for a chicken fajita.
- Instead of a super-sized burger with high-fat toppings, opt for a lean burger.
- In lieu of fries, select a baked potato.
- Instead of ice cream, choose nonfat frozen yogurt topped with fruit.
- Order a salad and choose low-fat dressing.
- Ask for water, skipping a milkshake or soda.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.