Health Tip: Prepare for Hiking
Make sure you're in shape
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Even hiking to enjoy nature has its rules and safety precautions.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation offers these tips:
- Make sure you're in good physical shape before tackling a challenging trail.
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going and when, so you can be reached in case of emergency.
- Hike with at least one buddy.
- Learn to identify and avoid common poisonous plants.
- Learn the safety and behavior rules that apply to the area where you'll hike.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.