Health Tip: Stay Busy When Quitting Smoking
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Keep yourself occupied help avoid weight gain
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- When you're trying to quit smoking, it can be tough to resist the urge to turn to food when you're trying to avoid cigarettes.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these suggestions to help curb weight gain when quitting smoking:
- Keep your hands busy by drawing, knitting or doing puzzles.
- Try to cut back on your caffeine intake, as it's often associated with smoking.
- Get plenty of sleep so you feel rested.
- Instead of taking a cigarette break, go for a brisk walk.
- Have plenty of healthy, convenient foods on hand for snacking, such as low-fat dairy foods.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.