Health Tip: Seniors, Be Prepared for Dental Visits
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Follow this checklist of items to bring
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you're a senior, make the most of each dental visit by preparing a list of questions to ask to maintain good dental health.
The American Dental Association lists these tips to help you prepare for your dentist appointment:
- Make a list of all of your medications, and be sure to include both prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Make a list of all your allergies and medical conditions.
- Write down phone numbers and contact information for all your other doctors, health care providers and any previous dentists you have seen.
- Bring a list of emergency medical contacts, who may be required to make medical decisions on your behalf if there is an emergency.
- Bring your Medicaid and/or dental insurance cards.
- Bring your dentures or partials to the visit, even if you're not currently wearing them.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.