Health Tip: Stay Fit When Traveling
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Find ways to exercise when on the road
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Traveling can make sticking to your usual exercise routine a challenge, but there are plenty of ways to get in exercise while you're on the road.
The American Council on Exercise lists these suggestions for exercising while traveling:
- Instead of your usual stair-climbing machine, look for tall buildings or stadiums where you can climb the stairs.
- Walk through the new city and explore; look for a hiking trail or a local park.
- Try to walk to more of your destinations rather than driving or taking a cab.
- Find out if your hotel has a fitness center or pool and pack your workout or swim clothes.
- Ask about a local gym where you can get a short-term pass or pack simple workout equipment like a jump rope or an exercise tube.
- Try exercising in your hotel room by doing activities that don't require equipment, such as push-ups and crunches.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.