Health Tip: Develop Good Sleep Habits
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
To wake refreshed each morning
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- To get a good night's sleep, it's important to develop healthy sleep habits and stick to them each night.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends these healthy sleep habits to help you wake up rested each morning:
- Establish a regular bedtime and wake-time schedule and follow it every day, even on weekends.
- Create a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine, and make sure your bedroom is comfortable, dark and quiet.
- Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows, and only sleep and have sex in your bedroom -- nothing else.
- Don't eat within two to three hours of bedtime, and avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco before going to sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but try to schedule your workout well before bedtime.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.