Health Tip: Care for Your Mouthguard
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Brush it with toothpaste
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- A mouthguard helps prevent damage to your teeth and mouth during sports or other physical activity.
The American Dental Association suggests how to keep your mouthguard clean:
- Thoroughly brush the mouthguard with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Or at least rinse it before and after every use.
- Periodically wash the mouthguard in cool, soapy water and thoroughly rinse.
- Store and carry your mouthguard in a protective container that has openings for ventilation.
- Never put your mouthguard in hot water or in direct sunlight.
- Regularly inspect your mouthguard for wear and tear, and replace it when necessary.
Copyright © 2013 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.