Health Tip: Create a Healthy Sleep Environment
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Minimize nearby noise when possible
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- With the correct sleep environment comes the chance of a more serene and restful night's sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions toward creating the correct sleep environment:
- Use earplugs to muffle disturbing sounds. Or use a device that emits "white" noise to mask outside sounds.
- Keep your room cool. Don't wear heavy sleepwear if you tend to get too warm.
- Keep your room dark, but make sure you are exposed to plenty of bright light or sunlight during the day.
- Make sure your bed is big enough to promote comfortable sleep, and that your mattress, pillows and blankets are comfortable.
- If your partner snores or has disrupted sleep, devise an arrangement to make sure you both get the sleep you need.
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.