Health Tip: Do You Have Plantar Fasciitis?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Heel pain is a prime symptom
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Plantar fasciitis occurs when the long band of tissue connecting the heel to the front of the foot becomes irritated and inflamed.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common symptoms of plantar fasciitis include:
- Having pain that affects the bottom of the foot, especially closest to the heel.
- Having foot pain when taking the first few steps after getting out of bed.
- Having foot pain after being off your feet for an extended period.
- Having foot pain that improves by walking for a few minutes.
- Having foot pain that develops after exercise, not during.
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.