Health Tip: If You Have Rosacea
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Clean your skin gently
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you have the skin condition rosacea, you should avoid harsh cleansers that may worsen symptoms, the National Rosacea Society says.
Here are the society's skin-cleansing recommendations:
- Wash with a gentle cleanser that's made for your type of skin.
- Gently use your fingertips, never a sponge or washcloth.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your face.
- With a thick, cotton towel, gently blot your face dry. Don't rub.
- Apply medication to your skin only when completely dry, usually about 30 minutes after washing.
- Wait another five to 10 minutes after applying medication to apply moisturizer, makeup or sunscreen.
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.