Health Tip: Manage Heartburn During Pregnancy
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Watch what and when you eat
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Heartburn is common during pregnancy, thanks to an expanding uterus and hormonal changes.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions to help ease heartburn during pregnancy:
- Avoid large meals. Instead, eat several small meals throughout the day, remembering to eat slowly.
- Drink most of your fluids between meals, rather than with them.
- Avoid fried, spicy or greasy foods and any citrus fruits or juices.
- Avoid eating and drinking within a few hours before bedtime.
- Stay upright just after a meal.
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.