Health Tip: Get Enough Calcium
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Sprinkle shredded cheese on soups or salads
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- There are few better ways to protect your bones and teeth than to get enough dietary calcium.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to get more calcium in your diet, without adding too much fat:
- Sprinkle your salad or soup with fat-free or low-fat shredded cheese.
- Enjoy low-fat or fat-free yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruit.
- Beef up breakfast by adding low-fat or fat-free milk to oatmeal, or low-fat cheese to an omelete.
- Have a latte made with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Sip on a smoothie made with low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt, along with some fruit.
Copyright © 2012 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.