2009 | 2008 |
2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996-95
Here are the main activities and services undertaken and
developed by the Foundation :
10-14, 2007 - Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers Cityfront Center Chicago,
Paper - Combination of heterogeneous criteria for the automatic detection of
principles on health websites
September 18th, 2007 - Geneva
Round Table organized by the Institut University of Studies of Development (IUED) and HON on Tuesday September 18 in Geneva.
This round table is organized in order to present the results of the one year research project "Obtaining Reliable Medical Information Online: A Study Focusing on Francophone Africa"
focuses on the stakes related to the globalisation of information of
health and in particular the structural components of confidence in
this information and the identification of competences necessary to the
development of the télémédecine in developing countries. It was focused
on the content intended for health professionals in French-speaking
Africa, in particular in Mali.
Carried out jointly with the University of Geneva, the World Health
Organization , the Foundation Health on the Net, the Institute of the
social sciences of Mali, it was financed by the international
university Network of Geneva (RUIG).
September 10th, 2007 - Brussels
Deploying large scale services to millions of users is one of the key
challenges ePractice professionals face. In the workshop you will have
the opportunity to meet other high level practitioners from the
eGovernment, eHealth and eInclusion domains and share experiences based
on together examining real cases.
Three recognized best practices will be presented by their authors in
order to identify the key problems and invite you to elaborate possible
- A virtual guide to Austrian Authorities - Roland Edinger (Austria)
- Reducing distances between citizens & political institutions - Rolf Luehrs (Germany)
Head of the eInclusion Unit in DG Information Society and Media, will
deliver the keynote speech. The ePractice team will moderate the
discussions with Magdalena Rosenmoller (Lecturer at IESE Business School), François Heidenryckx (Professor at Université Libre de Bruxelles), Joe Cullen (eInclusion Consultant) and Baudoin de Sonis (Managing Director eForum).
Celia Boyer, Arnaud Gaudinat, Vincent Baujard,
Antoine Geissbühler. - Medinfo2007 - Brisbane, Australia
- 21st August 2007
Arnaud Gaudinat, Natalia Grabar, Célia
Boyer. - Medinfo2007 - Brisbane, Australia - 23rd
- Towards higher quality health search results: Automated quality rating of
depression websites. David Hawking (CSIRO ICT Centre, Australia)
- Presentation of various models of trust used at HON Foundation. Arnaud Gaudinat (HON, Switzerland)
- WRAPIN: finding trusted health information on the Internet and empowering
patients within personal health records. Michel Joubert (Lertim, France)
- Text Categorization Models for Identifying Unproven Cancer Treatments on
the Web. Yin Aphinyanaphongs (Vanderbilt University, USA)
- CISMeF: Catalog & Index of Health Resources in French on the Internet. Stefan Darmoni (CISMeF, France)
July 2007 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Machine Learning and Modelling approaches - - Arnaud Gaudinat, Natalia Grabar,
the 21st May 2007, at the World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
The purpose was to present the current results of a study of
socio-cultural determinants of trust for online medical information,
and, in particular, the specificities in French-speaking Africa.
Proposed guidelines for the publication of trustworthy online medical
information was presented and discussed.
This study is financed by the Geneva International
Academic Network, and is a collaboration between Geneva University, the
World Health Organization, the Graduate Institute of Development
Studies, the Health On the Net Foundation, and the Institute for Human
Sciences in Mali.
HON participates on the 18th of April to the EU High-Level Conference on eHealth in Berlin, Germany:
HON is invited to participate to from the 26 to 28 March 2007 in Spain, Barcolona.
HON has organised the Executive Seminar "eHealth and Patient empowerment". The invited speakers were:
- David Garwood, Secretary, Patients' and Citizens Task Force, EHTEL, United Kingdom
- Dr Petra Wilson, Director, Public Sector Healthcare Europe, Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco Systems, Belgium
- Alberto Sanna, Director, e-Services for Life & Health, Scientific Institute and University H San Raffaele; Project Manager, Personalized Information Platform for Life and Health Services (PIPS), Italy
HON is invited to participate to the from the 11 to 12 January 2007 in Bamako, Mali.