Alpine Hospitals Networking for Improved Access to Telemedicine Services
Alpine Space Programme - European Territorial Cooperation 2007 - 2013
Accessibility and Connectivity
Start: 1 August 2009
End: 31 July 2013
Duration: 36 months
Budget (total): 2.700.000 EUR
EC contribution: 1.914.600 EUR
Partners: 9 (from 5 countries)
What is ALIAS?
The ALIAS project is aimed at delivering and piloting two telemedicine-related services, more specifically:
Information provision: this service will allow healthcare professionals of any ALIAS hospital network to access information about a patient coming from any (other) ALIAS region, upon his/her consent, and
Advice querying: this service will allow any healthcare professional of the ALIAS hospital network using telemedicine tools to require expert advice on a patient under treatment, upon his/her consent.
Telecommunication tools will be conceived to be used both in a synchronous and an asynchronous way.
In order to achieve those goals, the ALIAS project is organised with a cascade approach articulated over four main phases: project preparation; service definition and development; Network creation and training; piloting and deployment.
HON involvment in the project
HON is working with the Geneva University Hospitals on this project and is involved in the training part.
Its work is:
- Report on operating procedures for accessing and providing services to the virtual hospitals.
- Define user's manual, training modules and materials for the use of the telemedicine.
- Realise training sessions in participating hospitals.
- Define the user's support report (expert and technical).
Partners of the consortium
- Regione Lombardia, Italy, Coordinator
- Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Health Cooperating Pool-Rhône-Alpes Health Information System (SISRA), France
- National Institute of Applied Science in Lyon - LIRIS laboratory (INSA), France
- General Hospital Izola, Slovenia
- The University Clinic of Pulmonary and Allergic Diseases of Golnik, Slovenia
- The Geneva University Hospitals (HUG), Switzerland
- Republiblic and Canton of Geneva Department of economy, health and regional affairs (DARES), Switzerland
- Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen (GmbH), Germany
Virtual Hospital Network
- Azienda Ospedaliera di Varese (Lombardia), Italy
- Ospedale di Tolmezzo Sant’Antonio Abate (Friuli Venezia Giulia), Italy
- The University Hospital of Grenoble, France
- Bolnišnica (Golnik), Slovenia
- Splosna Bolnišnica (Izola), Slovenia
- The Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
- Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Garmisch), Germany